Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
What is a big deal however is that I missed the DHL guy when running on the treadmill. Damn!
Doh! ;)

Though I'm somewhat ashamed to admit it, I had to order 3 different Salsa Liplocks to get the sizing right on my last steel frame. Measure carefully! :thumbsup:

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Indeed. Pics or it didn't happen! ;)
According to the internet bike weighing rules. Bikes must be weighed using a ceiling mounted scale.. similar to thoose used for weighing deep sea fish. The photograph must show the compplete bike to verify that there are no supports to assist in making the bike appear lighter.. this is the equivelent of using performance enhancing drugs.

As well the digital read out of said bike weight must be visible in picture. If a close up is needed it will be assumed by the internetz bike weight commision that it was rigged and is null and void.

·
The Punk Hucker
3,755 Posts
I'm waiting on my T4 as we speak, DHL should arrive any minute from now. I also chose Xprezo to support a "local" business (I'm far up north now but used to live close to Bromont), because of the durability and ride quality of a good steel frame.

While I'm waiting for my frame, I'm looking at the Columbus website and they post their seat tube as a 28.6 outer diameter. When I spoke with Antoine, he told me it was a 31.8 which surprised me because it would make a thick tube (the inner diameter being 27.2). Do you know for sure what size it is by any chance?
So I finally got the frame and the seatpost clamp is 30.0 mm. The tube is the Columbus Zona ZON113620/550 (30mm OD at the clamp, dropping to 28.6 for the while retaining it's 27.2 ID and down to 25.8 ID for the bottom bracket junction.

Columbus Tubi

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Sweet build.

btw, the pedals are Sub4's. Sub3's are just Sub4's with the Ti axle.
Nice pedals, but beware the bearings. Mine lasted 9 months and my buddies about 12 months. Both now have play and a nice click whilst pedaling.

Looking at Spikes next, gonna mail Blackspire and see about rebuild kit and put them on another bike or in the box for backup.

michael

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
here's the best i can do with my shitty camera inside my shitty apartment with shitty lighting. at least the build is nice.

·
The Punk Hucker
3,755 Posts
Let's see pictures of the beautiful hand made Canadian frame :thumbsup:
Here we go, the build is complete. New frame & wheels, everything else was moved from the cracked frame.

The fork is setup at 115mm hence the stack above the stem (I usually run it at 100mm). You can notice the massive tire clearance, the instlaled tire is a LUST Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 which measures at exactly 2 inches in the Velocity Blunt SL rims.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.