Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What needs to be done to my bike before I put it up for the winter? Do i just clean it up, put some **** on the chain, and call it a day?

Also, I just ordered an e-13 SRS chainguide, are they pretty easy to install/setup? I have a Raceface Evlove DH x-type BB so it will take the place of one of the spacers on that. I do not have chain guide mounts, it will have to go on like an e-type derailleur.

·
Registered
497 Posts
LUKassZ said:
What needs to be done to my bike before I put it up for the winter? Do i just clean it up, put some **** on the chain, and call it a day?
Do whatever you feel like. Some people really get into bike maintenance, others don't bother too much. It wouldn't be a bad idea to break everything down, clean it really well and lube it up. I am planning to change the oil and seals in my fork, rebuild my hubs, and have my rear shock rebuilt. I'll probably replace the shock pivots while I'm at it, and press on a new headset since my old one has about had it. I pay for my own gear, so I try to take care of it and make it last a while.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
i would wipe down the whole bike with a damp cloth...I would clean my bottom bracket and head set....I would take the chain off and clean that along with all my gears and derailer....the fork I would clean the stanctions and the seal...I would put a light coat of fork oil on the seals and push up and down....wipe the dirt ring off and repeat 2 or 3 times to it is clean oil ring. then i would leave just a tiny bit of oil on the seal....do this onece a month in storage....lightly lube it everything elser and keep it in a warm place

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.