Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather hear is funny. 2 days ago it was 60 and sunny. Yesterday was 30 and overcast. It snowed last night - a couple of inches of really light and fluffy snow. I think it got up to 15 degrees or so today. Sounds like perfect conditions for a ride.

Thankfully, one of our local ride from the shop trails had been thawed out before the snow. The ride was great. Our tires crunched and squeaked on the snow. Squeaky like cheese curds, that's how good it was. Some corners offered perfect, sticky snow traction and other corners (that looked exactly the same) were super slick. Slick enough that we got some wheel slidin' Duke Boy action more times than I can count. We rolled back in right at dark. All in all a great day. I hope everyone got to ride at least a little today. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Good stuff, Dave. Looks like we were just a day ahead of you. We got that two inches of fluffy white Friday night and Saturday dawned clear and cold with temps never topping 20 all day (It was between 12 and 18 during my ride in the AM). Squeaky crunch snow is very good to ride on. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Damn, you got better lookin'

since the last time I saw you, Dave. And, instead of going to Nebraska to see the family for Christmas, you went to Sweden for that gender change, too!

Velly, velly nice.

A little bird in Loveland. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Colorado

Another Colorado rider here. We ride in the broomfield/boulder/denver area. Looking forward to seeing posts from other like minded CO riders! You can find me on facebook chris arellano

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Why not post some fun here, nitecrwlr?

Seems myspace, facebook...etc come and go but mtbr still stays on what people who come here want. Not on the individual that social networks do.

I expect those of use who avoid spacebook can't see what you have to share?

BTW, Dave. Good stuff. It's weird to see with the weather so "dry"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.