Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after taking my remedy 8 through winter last year I think I should have taken some advise and had a winter bike!

This year I've kept my eye on eBay for something retro but don't think the Geo will suit me or my local trails (opinions welcome) ideally steel, SS hardtail or rigid

So if it was a money no problem kind of buy I'd go new BTR, Cotic, Stanton or even Santa Cruz chameleon but I also want a bike I don't have to care of as much so that lead me to the kona unit. With the current unit being fine I cannot find one online being in any other size than small which wouldn't suit me at 6 foot.

Any owners or info of something else would be appreciated.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I wouldn't be chasing down a new bike just for winter. Used karate monkey / fargo / krampus / log lady or something from the last 10 years would be on my radar. You've still got months to monitor nearby classifieds and fall is the buyers market

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Agreed with the above post, I would look for a used/beater if you want to let it go during the winter months. I took a look at your About Me page that states you live in England, so what would work for me as a winter bike in MN is not really what you need since you don't have quite the cold or the snow. Perhaps look for an On-One frame or a Ragley to beat around. The Karate Monkey is a good suggestion, maybe look for an Instigator as well. I like the Log Lady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.