Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed out there this weekend.... anyone have a favorite trail in the area? I have a bit of time so I don't mind driving if it isn't particularly close...

·
Registered
410 Posts
the only places Ive ridden in that area is Owl's Roost in G-boro and I had a good time...I liked the ride alot...but Hobby Park seems to be the only trail in the W-S district...Im not from there so hopefully there is a local who knows more about the area.

2301 West Clemmonsville Road Winston-Salem, NC 27127
(336) 727-8000

Hobby2_0001.wmv - YouTube

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hobby Park is on the south side of Winston, Tanglewood is Clemmons and about10 miles from Winston. Moore Springs Trails are in Danbury, 25 north of Winston but worth the ride. Checkout Biketriad.com for more trail info and connecting with a local riders.

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
Hobby park is in downtown Winston and is surprisingly good with a sneaky lot of climbing and some techy sections. I think its about 6 miles, but certainly worth riding.

The Kerr Scott trail system (Dark Mountain > OVT > Warrior Creek) in Wilkesboro is only about an hour up 421 and has over 30 miles of the best singletrack in NC (IMO).

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran most of the greensboro routes up north (owls roost etc) last October for and ultra up there. I may have to try it again when I won't be so miserable. Thanks again for the suggestions!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tanglewood and S.L. are my Favorites. Hobby=poison ivy and that mix ain't good for me. Other fav is MST up near Hanging Rock, that place is a blast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts