Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the 3.0 which comes w/o a bladder... what are you using? Is it designed well enough to prevent shifting? I'd be inclined to use one of my three C-bak bladders. Hose routing?

Can anyone speak to longterm use & wear? The design really appeals to me in that I could lessen the hot spot I always get on my back; along with easy access to side pouches.

ty

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Hee Hee Hee....

You said Bladder....:)

Anyway, I'm using a CBack 100 oz Bladder in my Wingnut/New Sun Enduro. It's been over a year now and I've had no problems with it. The hose runs out from underneath your armpit (either side), which takes a bit of a learning curve, but works just fine. A CBack bladder tends to slide down in the sleeve as it empties, but I don't feel a thing.

I like to have the weight lower down on my back, especially when the clock ticks over hour 4 or 5. The pack itself doesn't slide sideways on descents or technical sections, and is able to be cinched down to a smaller size on shorter rides.

Hope This Helps

B

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I use an Ultimate Direction roll-top bladder. I can actually stuff the 128 oz one in my Hyper 3.0, but the 96 oz would be a more proper fit. I prefer UD's roll-top design for ease of filling and cleaning, but I use a CamelBak Big Bite valve on it.

Any ~100 oz bladder should work fine.

I love the Hyper pack design and fit. Can't be beat, IMHO.

Cheers, Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.