Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it appears the wind is never going away I decided to get to riding or sell the bike. I guess you know which one I picked:)

daybeer7-XL.jpg

daybeer4-XL.jpg

daybeer3-XL.jpg

daybeer6-XL.jpg

daybeer2-XL.jpg

daybeer5-XL.jpg

daybeer1-XL.jpg

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
As always great pics, you have a good eye :thumbsup:
Shawn sometimes I feel as if you n I are the only ones in this forum....atleast actively trying to stoke it.... :( ....wish more would participate!
We need to get out on a ride together!

·
Registered
273 Posts
The wind

Yeah it's been super windy and it always seems to be a head wind! We went out Tuesday and Friday and the wind was totally different those two nights. Still was a wonderful night. I'm always amazed at how much fun night riding is, though we were all surprised it was so chilly. The edge said it was 66 but with the wind I'm guessing it was at least 56. Can't get enough!

IMG_20140429_185153628_HDR (Large).jpg IMG_20140429_185234518_HDR (Large).jpg

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right about the wind. I started at Katies Tuesday and the wind was at my back climbing rt 160 trail. Helped me set a personal record on Strava without even trying. Took some of the zen out of the down but was still a great day.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Love the look of that area.....I'm guessing cottonwood. Where is it exactly?
Yeah it's been super windy and it always seems to be a head wind! We went out Tuesday and Friday and the wind was totally different those two nights. Still was a wonderful night. I'm always amazed at how much fun night riding is, though we were all surprised it was so chilly. The edge said it was 66 but with the wind I'm guessing it was at least 56. Can't get enough!

View attachment 889883 View attachment 889884

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yep, the wind sucks here this time of year. That being said it is great if you are trying to get stronger as it certainly makes us all work harder.

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
Wind riding is easy .... just start the ride into the headwind(while your feelin strong) then when your tired just turn around and get a shuttle ride home. :thumbsup:

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
Wouldn't that be awesome to have a taco stand mid trail out at cottonwood! Carnitas por favor....que lo hacen picante!
I may have been thinkin of something else ;) .... However you may be on to somethin...bcalls dusty trails taco truck.... I'll send you a copy of my riding schedule so you can be at each location( preferably around the half way point please). Gracias, señor!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah I know whaT you were thinking....but I was a little hungry when I read your post...haha
I may have been thinkin of something else ;) .... However you may be on to somethin...bcalls dusty trails taco truck.... I'll send you a copy of my riding schedule so you can be at each location( preferably around the half way point please). Gracias, señor!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure what trails you all ride but I just rode Cowboy today with very little wind effect. This trail has always been great in the wind as it protects you from it; that is until you reach the top.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts