Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gingercake dirt rd in bad shape, start of Raspberry gonna need a bunch of cutting done ta make rideable. Lower half of Headly is all good AND clear. Snow and th' ice storm really hammered Wilsons Creek area. :rolleyes: Still 8-15in. on th' trailz.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
The downed trees are going to be a huge problem everywhere this month. I cut through 10 or so piles at Rhill yesterday and that's only about 1/3 of what I need to do.
That's on only 2.5 miles of trail (through a former white pine plantation for sections, admittedly).

·
Registered
299 Posts
wow. I don't see Raspberry even being worked on till Feb/March. I hiked down from the beginning of Headley and once the snow is gone it will be good to go. I would say assuming no additional snow, maybe Jan 9-10 and it will be snow free.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2morrow said:
wow. I don't see Raspberry even being worked on till Feb/March. I hiked down from the beginning of Headley and once the snow is gone it will be good to go. I would say assuming no additional snow, maybe Jan 9-10 and it will be snow free.
The Duke Power guyz, ( 3 hd trucks of them), were up there where 181 turns into Gingercake Sun. so maybe at least they'll cut the trees out of the dirt rd, then we can start cuttin' away the remnants of the storm(s). It is gonna take a while to get it clear, the ice has has really done a number on the whole area.....but yeah it sucked before the storm and now it reeeeeaaallyy sucks.....:D .....I mean :madman: ...yeah...heh, heh sucks....:madmax:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.