Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Asheville YetiRider
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me if this does not shoe up the right way. I am just gettn broken in here with my 1st post.
We plan on rideing wilson creel trails. does anyone know how to get trail ride maps?
If anyone knows the trails and wants to be our guide this sunday let me know. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I will be riding this sunday and would be more than happy to show you around. You can get the wilson's creek map from boone bike or magic cycles. It is pretty good but if you want a fancy waterproof map than the national geo pisgah grandfather district is the way to go. The only place right off hand that I know of to get one is at the gas station in linville but you might want to try mast store and/or footsloggers. Also wilson's is kinda primitive so a guide is a plus and don't expect clearly marked trails.

·
a.k.a. BicycleKicks
1,138 Posts
You can find GPS routes at Motionbased

Asheville YetiRider said:
Excuse me if this does not shoe up the right way. I am just gettn broken in here with my 1st post.
We plan on rideing wilson creel trails. does anyone know how to get trail ride maps?
If anyone knows the trails and wants to be our guide this sunday let me know. [email protected]
You can find GPS routes at Motionbased.com. You'll have to search for them using variations of "wilson". The routes posted probably won't be everything, but it should give you a pretty good idea of where to start.

FWIW, I think motionbased is pretty awesome for find trail routes. The web site sort of bites, but the content people have uploaded is pretty good.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You need Nat Geo Map #779 (Linville Gorge/Mt. Mitchell) to get coverage of the Wilson's Creek area. The only problem is there area endless trails in the area that are not marked at all and you could pretty easily get lost if you are not familiar with the area. Get a map, ride with some locals and make your own additions to the map

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.