Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the gnarly runs in Wilson Creek and Farlow compare to other trails in the area I've ridden like Heartbreak and (pre-2011) Kitsuma? If I brought a 5.5" trail bike (2010 Stumpjumper FSR) out to these trails, would I come back with frame parts in each hand? Am I foolish for heading out there without an AM/FR bike?

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
stevehollx said:
How do the gnarly runs in Wilson Creek and Farlow compare to other trails in the area I've ridden like Heartbreak and (pre-2011) Kitsuma? If I brought a 5.5" trail bike (2010 Stumpjumper FSR) out to these trails, would I come back with frame parts in each hand? Am I foolish for heading out there without an AM/FR bike?
There's alot of pedalling for both places and I would not/could not pedal my 8" bike on either.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
supercusty said:
I prefer my vpfree over my blurltc all day on beehive or raiders even with the pedal
"IF" you can shuttle Beehive "IF" the gates open and if you have an hour to shuttle- at least that's how long it seems to take to go up and go back to get the vehicle up top, fricking shuttles take forever at Wilson creek:madman: But yeah the hive would be great on a big bike :thumbsup:

·
Fence guru
740 Posts
You just need stronger legs I will
Be pedaling my vpfree with boxxer up greentown to beehive Thursday and maybe Saturday :)
I have done it on the blur and it is fun too. But not yee haw cackling fun like on the vp... Raiders too

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
supercusty said:
Be pedaling my vpfree with boxxer up greentown to beehive Thursday and maybe Saturday :)
I have done it on the blur and it is fun too. But not yee haw cackling fun like on the vp... Raiders too
WTF !!!!!!! Man come on over to Windrock with me and we'll throw that thing over the tailgate and shuttle to the top of some of the sickest DH around!!!!!!

·
And He was Not
1,686 Posts
supercusty said:
Be pedaling my vpfree with boxxer up greentown to beehive Thursday
If you see 3-4 guys riding up 181 Thursday morning on hardtails, feel free to scoop us up in your big ole truck and give us a ride to the top of Raspberry

·
Fence guru
740 Posts
Maybe I will pedal the vpfree up 181 with you guys to show moto how it's done ;)
I will always pick up a fellow charlottean ... But I thought you liked all that crazy pedaling stuff. I certainly do but I can do plenty of that at home. You guys are much tougher than me.

·
And He was Not
1,686 Posts
supercusty said:
Maybe I will pedal the vpfree up 181 with you guys to show moto how it's done ;)
I will always pick up a fellow charlottean ... But I thought you liked all that crazy pedaling stuff. I certainly do but I can do plenty of that at home. You guys are much tougher than me.
That's a 9 mile climb from the camping area and We do it regularly, but that doesn't mean I like it. It just saves a hour of shuttle time and vehicle swappin'. I'm still not too proud to catch a free lift to the top.

I think I've seen moto ride up on a 5 inch bike before so he is very aware of what it takes to get to the top. You do all 35 miles of our loop on a vpfree and I'll be impressed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.