Votes: 61 37.0%
  • arrrr maybe

Votes: 46 27.9%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Maybe.
I'm going to be patient and wait and see what the ride reports are like, and see if I can demo the '09 RFX. IThe new bike is going to have to be pretty excellent for me to give up my ancient '02 RFX, which I have pretty well dialed in.

Obligatory pic of dialed-in '02 RFX:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
no i would not get rid of a HL turner, -----the HL turner , especially the 5 spot ---works great , -----as so does the HL on the specialized .

the TNT was not good for me . -------( thats why i am so happy with the DW change )

the DW and the HL work great for me , --------now of course everybody is different .

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
I should be more specific: What interests me about the dw-rfx would be it's climbing prowess. If it climbs waaaaaaaay better than my horst link, then I would be interested enough to look further into it. But then it has to descend as well as my horst link, and brake as well, and corner as well, etc.These attributes are not ones I'm willing to give up.

And of course, I have to be able to make custom rockers for it......

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
You forgot the option: "I already gave up the HL for the TNT, Twice over, and never looked back." :D

I wouldn't give up any bike for another until I rode it enough to be certain it was worth it. Unless I was changing the mission (ie RFX to Highline).

·
Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was on a yeti 575 for 3 years I liked the bike and never had a Horst Turner before I tried and specialized H L and hated the ride it was slugish and lame
2 weeks ago I pulled the trigger on this 5 spot frame it was a mess and cost me a mint ($1200)
the paint was striped down to the bone looked rough and the rear end had a bit of play
I polished the frame and rear end with automotive Alum.. wheel compound Got a friend to cut me the decals then took the front triangle and clear coated it changed the bushings and began to built it
I still need a new fork on her the Minutes are temp.. I have a brand new Magura Thors on order and today my new rims (stans 355s ) are getting laced to my Industry Nine enduro hubs with the Hollow spokes
So far I have been on this bike for 2 weeks and Man do I love the way it rides Its fast nimble and goes over everything on the trail rock solid on skiny"s and small drops
climbs like a goat and rails corners

Attachments

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Fourth Option - NFW

er, unless of course maybe the HL rode like sheeite, suffered from poor QC, had to have it's zerks greased more than every month, was licensed by other less prestigious brands like IH, broke all the time, or somehow became obsolete

+1 AA, nice rebuild, but how come you sound so dissatisfied?

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Yup, ASAP.

If DT says it rides better, I expect that it's true.

The guys has scruples.

My fearless forecast: Combining DT's ability to spec a bike that just flat out handles better than any other I've ridden, along with DW's mechanical engineering abilities at the rear sus end of things, I predict good things.

Plus, new toys are fun! :D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
moosehead said:
+1 AA, nice rebuild, but how come you sound so dissatisfied?
Werd... nice. I'd get a set of 5.5 rockers while they're still available before I even thought about another bike. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bikezilla said:
Werd... nice. I'd get a set of 5.5 rockers while they're still available before I even thought about another bike. :thumbsup:
Not dissatisfied at all I love the bike it is a dream ride
I have a set of push rockers on the way from ebay and also I am looking for a RP23 large volume when all finished this baby will be aprox 25.5 lb with 20 mm thru axel fork and a nice enduro built
I am Very Happy with it

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
I ditched the HL for TNT and I'm very happy with it. But I was already planning on getting a Sultan this winter so it looks like that will be my first foray into the DW realm. I agree with Kosmo, I've loved the ride of Turners for about 10 years now, HL and TNT are great rides, the DW along with DT's dialed geometry will hopefully continue the stellar ride and handling that makes Turners so great IMHO.

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
Renegade said:
Maybe.
I'm going to be patient and wait and see what the ride reports are like, and see if I can demo the '09 RFX. IThe new bike is going to have to be pretty excellent for me to give up my ancient '02 RFX, which I have pretty well dialed in.
Exactly.
I can tell you this much, the change from HL to TNT meant nothing to me and certainly wasn't a compelling reason to give up my old '02. But THIS is a real change and I'll be anxious to check them out for myself.

OK ... another obligatory pic of another dialed-in '02 RFX: :D

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Renegade said:
Dialed-in '02 RFX's RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Renny, maybe you should be considering the new DHR if your riding really demands a 9.5 lb. frame. :p

'07 (lb.) RFX FTW!

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Uh, sure Miles, go ahead and ruin my stoke by reminding me what a fat heavy pig my RFX is. :D That's it heavier than the '09 DHR.
Thanks.:rolleyes:
BTW, it's your fault; you sold it to me.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Renegade said:
BTW, it's your fault; you sold it to me.
It's your fault for buying it. What, you didn't see this day coming (back in 2004)? I've had the '09 DHR as my wall paper since at least late 2003.

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
AA - in addition to the rockers you may want to check out a pushed rp23 vs the HV can. can't speak highly enough for their shock tuning and CS. While the coils are more plush, the rp23 pushed is plenty squishy and holds up more than fine under my big azz. Didn't thing a spot could get svelte enough to hit 25.5 lbs - assume you are going to run an air fork as well?

so the really crucial question - are you now going to switch out the sasquatch avatar now that you are a member of the homer tribe?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts