Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fuel 110 and its really sweet. No worries yet but just asked. Does the lifetime warranty apply if you bought it from an individual?

Thanks

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
C_Heath said:
I have a fuel 110 and its really sweet. No worries yet but just asked. Does the lifetime warranty apply if you bought it from an individual?

Thanks
They are replacing my POS 99 Klein Mantra with a new EX9. I am the original owner but I did not have my sales reciept. I did have the original bag with all the manuals and handlebar tag with my name and the word sold on it but come to think of it the Trek store manager never asked for that stuff. It never hurts to ask and though I doubt they would warranty the frame they may hook you up with a nice discount. I am not saying to be dishonest but they may help you. Frames should last longer than 3 years.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Many times the question "are you the original owner" is never asked. I've seen frames replaced that were so old no one involved would still have paperwork on. I'm talking 15 years and such. Trek is very good about their warranty. I'm not telling you to lie, I'm just saying it might not be an issue. But the warranty is on paper only for the original owner and some shops might be sticklers about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.