Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
train gorilla
192 Posts
urban junkie said:
I was wondering if its possible to run a regular bmx hub on the DMR Transition or if i have to buy the Revolver hub. thanks for any help.
You can run a 110 hub on a 135 spaced frame. You need to use spacers, and make sure you have a long enough axle. Go to hcor.net and look for posts by erenes. He has done it many times to his various bikes.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
You can run a 110 hub on a 135 spaced frame. You need to use spacers, and make sure you have a long enough axle
sounds pretty bunk to me... no disc for you either... if that's your thing.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Eastern26 14mm axle X 135mm cassette disc hub. It is VERY close to zero dish, since it is an SS hub, so makes for a super strong build with no offset, and it has many solid clicks for engagement. I run one and love it. Option for pegs no prob too if you want.... You can also run it microdrive with one of the included cassette rings (which I run a 12t), or with an old school screw on freewheel. price is sorta steep, and so far seems only available straight from EasternBikes, but they are super nice to deal with and very fast shipping. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.