Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
hmm....

"There is also a downhill to cross country adjustment for the rear shock"

"The bike features internal cable routing which is a plus because the cables last 3 times as long"

"The thermoplastic resin resists the toughest of spills"

doesn't look like a dh bike either....

·
Registered
649 Posts
JBsoxB said:
hmm....

"There is also a downhill to cross country adjustment for the rear shock"

"The bike features internal cable routing which is a plus because the cables last 3 times as long"

"The thermoplastic resin resists the toughest of spills"

doesn't look like a dh bike either....
It might say that also, but i don't believe it. Maybe back in 97 but not anymore.
Would need alot of cash thrown at it to do any DH or freeriding.
That bike is 100% XC.

·
Fashionably functional...
310 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NO, not a freeride...
NO, not a downhill...
Not really even a very effiecient XC by today's standards.
Very nice bike at the time but very outdated today. My old roomate had an earlier model of that and it was fun but not for anything too big. I've always loved carbon fiber but have reservations on them for MTB. I would definately not buy a used carbon bike sight unseen.
Then again, most people buy too much bike for their abilities.

·
Registered
397 Posts
LOL...I had a 98' LTS and the rear triangle cracked twice on me. That bike is a POS and a maintenence nightmare. The pivot bushings are plastic and wear out monthly. Not to mention you will NEVER find parts for that bike, so if it breaks...you're SOL. My old one is now a garage stool. Get yerself a Bullit my friend

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
You do not want to buy that thing for anything other than casual trail riding, if that. Those things were notorious for falling apart during a dark period in MTB history when everything fell apart. Save yourself the grief, it may look cool (to someone), but you'll be sorry...

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
If u have a time machine and can take that with u back to 1997 def. yes... otherways NO ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.