Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 650b Nukeproof Scout. See work in progress below. The fork in the picture has been sold.

I would very much like to have it run both 650b and 29" boost wheel standards (I own both). There is ample space in the rear triangle to accomodate the 29er.

I have spotted a Rockshox Revelation Charger RC 27.5 150mm with boost on sale where I live.

I know that RS claims it is not possible to run 29" in their latest model year 650b/27.5" Revelation RC, but has anyone actually tried to fit one in there?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
You would certainly know, better than I would, what will fit in your frame, but it sure doesn't look like a 29" wheel/tire will fit in there from the picture - or is there one in there now? Have you actually put one in there to check? I think you'd have to get a 27.5+/29 wheel specific fork to fit a big wheel in there.

But, if you can, you sure will solve the pedal strike problem! Let us know on the rear at least.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi There is ample space in the rear triangle when I use my 2.35" 29" wheel.

And yes, getting rid of the pedal strike problem is one of the reasons I would like to find another fork (i.e. preferably a taller one).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late to the game here - But I just tried putting a 2.25 tire on a 29" wheel in my 27.5" Revelation RC fork (130mm travel) but should be the same).

The 2.25 width 29er wheel did NOT work. I also tried a gravel wheel for fun with 42mm tires, or about 1.65" and it had about enough clearance for my finger between the top of the fork lowers. This is about the same clearance as my 27.5" wheel with 2.6" width tires.

All said and done, the 29er wheel could be placed in there, but the tire could be no larger than 2 inches in width, which could work for XC riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.