Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
No, SRAM Road and MTB 10 speed derailleurs are not compatible with SRAM 9 speed MTB shifters. Campy also uses a different pull ratio and probably would not work though I cannot personally confirm that.

You can however use a SRAM Attack 9 speed Grip Shift with a Shimano 10 speed road derailleur such as Dura-Ace or Ultegra if you looking for a nice polished derailleur

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
perryr said:
A campy or SRAM Red Road derailures? I have a project MTB that I use on the Road and would like to find a classy shortcage rear derailure that will work with my X.O Gripshift.
There is a short cage XO RD

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shiggy said:
There is a short cage XO RD
Actually thats what I have right now, and its nice. I was kinda hoping for Campy, use em front and rear.. yummy.

There is a 10spd Gripshift by SEC that works with shimano, and I am gonna try it. Is SRAM RD's compatible with Shimano shifters? Or Campy?

Thanks a bunch, PR

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
perryr said:
Actually thats what I have right now, and its nice. I was kinda hoping for Campy, use em front and rear.. yummy.

There is a 10spd Gripshift by SEC that works with shimano, and I am gonna try it. Is SRAM RD's compatible with Shimano shifters? Or Campy?

Thanks a bunch, PR
No. SRAM, Shimano and Campy RDs are not at all interchangeable.

If you really want to use a road derailleur you are going to have to use a matching shifter.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
What you could do is get Shimano compatible grip shifters and use a Shiftmate by JTEK. That would allow you to use an all Campy drive train with Shimano shifters. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts