Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
if you ride the trail then why don't you spend a day doing some maintenance....I am tired of guys complaining about stuff, but won't put in the time to fix it......you my friend shouldn't even ride trails if you can't even put one day into trail work:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
 

·
Registered
Revel Rascal
Joined
·
598 Posts
Rode it this past Sunday, 7/6/08. Worst of the brush has been trimmed back recently, particularly on the lower half of the trail. There are still a few areas where the mustard is pretty thick, but overall it's a huge improvement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
JimN said:
Rode it this past Sunday, 7/6/08. Worst of the brush has been trimmed back recently, particularly on the lower half of the trail. There are still a few areas where the mustard is pretty thick, but overall it's a huge improvement.
Rode it this tuesday, pretty much all clear now.

The state parks dept pays for the brush clearance, its not done by volunteers, btw. At least according to the guy I talked to out on the trail who was out there with a crazy big weed whacker, he has a contract with the state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
peligro said:
Rode it this tuesday, pretty much all clear now.

The state parks dept pays for the brush clearance, its not done by volunteers, btw. At least according to the guy I talked to out on the trail who was out there with a crazy big weed whacker, he has a contract with the state.
I don't know who you talked to? The State, Forest Service and most other managing agencies do not have money to pay for trail maintenance! We (CORBA Trail Crew) worked on the trail a few weeks ago. We are volunteers! Trails in that area are either worked on by CORBA, the SMMTC, Sierra Club and there are a few individuals that do some work on their own. There is a horse group in the area that paid a trail contractor to work on the trail around five years ago. Maybe they paid someone to work on the trail recently too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Thank you for clearing that up....I have no idea who the guy was but that's definitely what he said. I was going to tell him thank you for volunteering but he said he wasn't.

Anyway thank you for working on the trail and I will check out your organization.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
peligro said:
Thank you for clearing that up....I have no idea who the guy was but that's definitely what he said. I was going to tell him thank you for volunteering but he said he wasn't.

Anyway thank you for working on the trail and I will check out your organization.
I concur, thank you. I just rode it today and it was great. I have seen worker types with heavy machinery many times on the Sull Ridge fireroad, but I guess not on Backbone. Many thanks. I too would like to check out your org.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
So Cal RX said:
I concur, thank you. I just rode it today and it was great. I have seen worker types with heavy machinery many times on the Sull Ridge fireroad, but I guess not on Backbone. Many thanks. I too would like to check out your org.
The ridges are not actually trails. They are fire breaks. They were recut by the fire department. The roads are also maintained on a routine basis for fire fighting/emergency access

I hope you guys will get involved and come out and help us with some maintenance and hopefully some trail/ bike park building soon!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top