Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
If it is not here that most of the frame technology-competent folks dwell then where. Please kindly provide your expert judgement.

I have an aluminium Intense 5.5 FRO c. 2008 in size M which has already been slackened with offsetbushings by approx. 1.5 degrees. it is 140mm front and rear travel. Here are the original geometry specs.

Question - if I inserted a 10mm-tall crown race under my head tube, would the risks of breaking my frame be too high?

Note, the FRO version does NOT have the under-top-tube/head tube junction gusset as opposed to EVP version. This kinda suggests to me the designers were already somewhat concerned about this area, making it a standard reinforcement for the general purpose EVP.

Other inputs: I am 178cm (5'10'') tall, weigh 74 kilos w/o gear, do not ride too aggressively but do jumps and drops up to 4-5 feet high. I don't ride high speeds and 90% of my rides are purely trail type. The other 10% will be park but no double diamonds or big air if you know what I mean.

What do you reckon, will I break my frame?
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top