Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a DT Swiss X313 rear shock to match my DT Swiss XMM forks. both units have three states, climb, descend and locked. Recently the climb and locked position stopped to work on my X313 rear shock.

DT doesn't have a service center in Sweden so I would have to send it to Poland and they will not respond to emails. I am now considering switching to a FOX CTD.

The question then is whether the three modes pulls the same Amount of wire on the FOX-shock, and will then my DT-twin lock remote work with this shock?

DT SWISS Remote Hebel Two in One Double Stage 26g, 47,50 €

·
Registered
562 Posts
Someone I spoke with recently had success using a scott twin loc on a Fox CTD, but beyond that I'm not sure. You'll have to measure the cable pull and make sure they match up in mm.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A 2013 FLOAT CTD rear shock requires the cable pull to be 7mm between each mode ie from 'D' to 'T' the cable pulls 7mm and from 'T' to 'C' another 7mm. I'm told the cable pull is different on the 2014 remote shocks.

If your X313 shock under 2years old, you should be covered by DT Swiss warranty/repair.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's right, when you read about Remote to FOX CTD 2014 it says that it does not fit the 2013 models of forks and shocks. So it is perhaps a 2013 CTD i should buy. Thaks for the info of how much mm it pulls, should measure how much my DT-remote pulls.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The DT Nude2 on my Spark 900 also has 7mm of cable pull between the modes - hopefully the cable pull for your DT shock is (likely) the same.

What size shock do you need?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called DT and they answered now. I will begin by sending back my X313 shock to Poland. They were very helpful and thought it would get fixed in reasonable time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2020 Santa Cruz Blur S TR. The twistloc remote is malfunctioning, so I'm wondering what a better option would be. Does the DT Swiss lockout work with the FOX Float Performance DPS that is on my model? Alternatively, is the OC Squidlock remote a good option? Thanks for any responses!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use the DT Swiss dual-lock-out for my FIT4 32 100mm forks and a Fox Suspension Float DPS K Rear Shock 2016 and it works fine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts