Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will my bike be able to jump well? I know that the bike doesnt make a huge difference and if i just plain suck it wont matter what Im riding :rolleyes: .But any ways Im riding a Norco Charger(probably no one knows what it is http://www.norco.com/bikes/2004bikes/charger.htm )a hardtail.
Ive put Dh tires on it and Shimano Deore crank and disc brakes.Its got Platform pedals and 5" travel in the front. I wont be doing insane DJing but for what i am doing this can hold up right?

(in the pic on the site the frame tubing looks skinny,its not actaully that small.*)

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
Will my bike be able to jump well? I know that the bike doesnt make a huge difference and if i just plain suck it wont matter what Im riding :rolleyes: .But any ways Im riding a Norco Charger(probably no one knows what it is http://www.norco.com/bikes/2004bikes/charger.htm )a hardtail.
Ive put Dh tires on it and Shimano Deore crank and disc brakes.Its got Platform pedals and 5" travel in the front. I wont be doing insane DJing but for what i am doing this can hold up right?

(in the pic on the site the frame tubing looks skinny,its not actaully that small.*)
If you';re smooth enough, anything is possible. I don't see why you can't DJ that bike although the geometry might not be ideal. Only word of caution, given the geometry, is that its a small frame size. If thats the case, feel the force and fly!

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
So what should i be cautous abuot,if its a smaller frame? :eek:
Sorry, poor wording. I was still speaking Canadian when I wrote that. What I meant was to be sure the frame IS small. The last thing you want is a big frame, especially if it's pretty standard fair geometry on not DJ specific. My bad!

·
i should be working
532 Posts
namaSSte said:
Sorry, poor wording. I was still speaking Canadian when I wrote that. What I meant was to be sure the frame IS small. The last thing you want is a big frame, especially if it's pretty standard fair geometry on not DJ specific. My bad!
the latest issue of DIRTRAG has a pretty good article on geometry. something for all to look at before putting a 7" fork on a bike designed around a 4". i know its not relevent to this thread but geometry is not something to be taken lightly (i think).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.