Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy a new set of tires after my Ignitors wear out. I've been checking out the Mountain Kings, but the 2.2's I have seen seem to be really narrow. I would lean towards the 2.4, but I'm not sure if it will work on the Mamasita.

Does anyone have a set of 2.4 MKs on their Mama?

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
58 Posts
I put a friends wheel on my Mamasita that had a Mountain King 2.4 on it & it did fit....Just like you I wanted to know if it fit. Although I don't remember what kind of rim he uses. It had about the same amount of clearance as my Geax Saguaro 2.2 & I use a Stans 355 rim.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MK`s

The MK 2.4`s are more like 2.2 (on a delgado) when you measure `em with calipers. The MK`s Black chili rubber is great, but the pattern too knobby(small knobs, mud packs in between).
I would say I prefer Panaracer rampage`s or WTB stouts for the rainy season..
Reg,
Tony

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The trails aren't ridden when it is wet here. (or shouldn't be) That's why I went with the MK. I could see them tacking up, but everything tacks up in clay. Talk about great grip on frozen ground. Holy cow! I'm thinking that the MK in the front with something faster in the back would be a great combo. The Rampage is way to tight for my liking in the Mamasita rear. So far I like it a lot. I still can't believe that they call it a 2.4. It's not even close to that. In fact it measure less than a 2.1 with a caliper. Oh well, as long as you know that going into it and aren't expecting a big 2.4 tire it is all good.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.