Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found a fracture on my Jamis Dakar XAM frame (it's actually broken). First thing tomorrow i'm heading to my LBS to figure out how to replace it. Now I don't want to stop riding, so I thought to myself, what if I Swap some of the parts to my Schwinn hardtail frame? -regular frame, but hey, anything to keep riding right?-

If I install a 140mm Fox Float RL, would it withstand? 'cause I don't want to break too lol.
It currently has a 100mm Judy. I know the general rule is frames can take up to 1 inch longer forks but I don't really trust the old Judy lol.

Any info appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. I won't ride it too agressively, no big jumps or drops or anything. But thanks anyways it was the same I was thinking.

Just saw a post of a guy on the Hardtail Thread that has a Specialized Hardrock with a Marz 66.... I guess i'll be fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like eatdrinkride said just dont to to crazy of stuff or else you could rip that frame apart with the bigger fork... its sort of the reason why no one puts trip crowns on there hardtails unless the hardtail is specifically designed for it

·
I wasn't Kung Fu fighting
152 Posts
If you're not too agro

it won't break... However it will handle terribly. It's going to raise the front end quite a bit on a frame that doesn't have the geometry designed for it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's an 07
It was an awesome bike until I found out about this, even though after I found out it took a 4 hour ride ( I found out on my way up to the trail and I figured if it were to break it would)
but it didn't.

Anyways.....

Crappy phone pic but it's all I have at the moment.

I'm actually pretty bummed 'cause I love my bike.. The parts are now on the hardtail and i'm in contact with both Jamis and my LBS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.