Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm addicted to my half pipes. Even tried some 9.0 shorties but immediately went back to the half pipes.

When were the last year that the 9.0 ESP halfpipes were made? Isn't the next years 7.0 ESP halfpipe the same as the 9.0s that were discontined.

I wish that they'd re-introduce half pipe lenghts to the lineup.

Are the new triggers sooo much better that it is worth it to switch after being on twisters for more than 10 years?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's official-NO

Hey Ashwin,

Thanks for contacting SRAM. Well, the half-pipe isn't necessarily dead yet but it soon will be. The highest quality half-pipe shifter still available is the 4.0. Have you tried any of the new triggers? Check them out, you may be pleasantly surprised. Cheers and thanks for your long time support.

Nick Martin

SRAM Technical Support

[email protected]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Long time SRAM twister

I've been using SRAM twist shifters since '95, even used the half pipes for a while (not my favorite IMO). But I've been using the new triggers for a year and LOVE them!!! You still get the great "solid shifting" that SRAM derailuers and shifters are known for, but I just find that the triggers are better for shifting and braking at the same time. If you need some 9.0 ESP half pipes, I might have a set lying around.

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I'm with you on the Halfpipes--although I need the Rocket/Attack versions as I run an XTR rear mech. But yea, try finding some Rocket shifters--you're stuck with ebay....

I don't know why they've been/are being phased out. They were solid shifters, just felt right.

·
1,316 Posts
Where are you??

Ashwin,
If you are in the States you can still get them at Cambriabike.com - they have 7.0, 9.0, 9.0SL all for less than 30 bucks. I like my halfpipes too, still have them on my old bike. I heard a long time back that the pros did not like them and so bye-bye, dont know what the truth is though...Oh there are some attack versions too, I think

Link below.

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.