Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Tacoma (actually we're staying in Fircrest) next week and looking for some trails. I was hoping I could get some good recommendations for a 15-20 mile loop. Looking for some sweet technical single track w/moderate climbing (no death rides please) and hopefully in an area that is well marked. At this point I'm not sure what day I'll be riding. Kind of playing it by ear as this is a family trip and I am the only one who rides.
Also can someone direct me to a good local bike shop in case I need to pick up a map and/or more trail advice.

Thanks

·
Sweet
533 Posts
Green Mountain is farther from Tacoma than Capitol Forest, especially if he is staying in Fircrest.
Your best bet would be Capitol or Banner Forest.
www.capitolforest.com click on mtn biking then go to the ride guide. I would recommend Jackson's Loop. You definatley want a map or someone who has been there before.
www.kitsapmtb.com for Banner Forest or Green Mtn. I believe they have maps.
I am down with a sprained neck at the moment, when are you coming? I live right outside of Fircrest.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your suggestions but something has come up and it looks like we are not going to make it after all.
If anything changes in the next day or two I'll re-post on this thread... but it doesn't look good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.