Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
borstarmicke said:
Is the inner diameter the same?

Can find a Manipoo spring for a fourth of the Fox price...
Fox sells the springs for $25-$30, Manitou sells theirs for less than $10? Good to know. I'm not sure about the fit, but if it is that cheap, why not try it? There is a chance it will work.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
njhcx4xlife said:
I know the RCS ti spring fit fox and manitou so I would think if the inner diameter isn't the same its pretty damn close. This leads me to believe they would fit.
Well, the RCS Ti spring will fit a behemoth of an Avalanche. It fits the DHX, but scars up the remote reservoir, it is actually too big. I don't know how it behaves on the Manitou, but the fact that it fits might only be a statement to the reservoir being further away than the DHX, the shock body might still be smaller.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
borstarmicke said:
Is the inner diameter the same?

Can find a Manipoo spring for a fourth of the Fox price...
Not sure how much this helps but the DHX spring has an inner diameter of 1.37in. I think it was Tscheezy whose post I saw which contained dimensions for springs for a variety of shocks. I can't seem to be able to dig it up.

_MK

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MK: I live in Sweden and the cheapest bikeparts in the EU is from Germany.

The Fox springs is 60eur = $78 and the Manipoo´s cost 13.5eur = $18.

1.37in = 35mm sounds really narrow, as I read that the hub diameter on the DHX is
57mm...

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
borstarmicke said:
MK: I live in Sweden and the cheapest bikeparts in the EU is from Germany.

The Fox springs is 60eur = $78 and the Manipoo´s cost 13.5eur = $18.

1.37in = 35mm sounds really narrow, as I read that the hub diameter on the DHX is
57mm...
I should have figured you were overseas. I think your measurement of 57mm corresponds to the outer diameter of the sping. Regardless, you have a confirmation above that the springs of Manitou will work. It might actually be a good thing since Fox has the worst tolerance on their spring ratings, a whopping 15%, by which standard a 450lb spring could be a 520lb spring or a 380lb spring or anything in between.

_MK

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Yeah, MK, I thought the Manitou springs were the same ID and OD as the Progressive models, but I haven't measured or run one to confirm that. I did run the Progressive 5th E coil on a DHX, and it definitely scaped the piggyback...very noticeably in just one ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.