Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I have an 07 GT, and it is my passion and love. I want to get a nice bike, but do not want to mount it on my car at all. Roof racks just don't do it for me, and I'm afraid that the trunk mounts will damage my paint, and I won't install a hitch.

So my question is, will a 29" fit inside the trunk, with the front wheel off, and the rear seats folded down?

·
Registered
467 Posts
My Rocky Mountain 29'er (18") fits in my Corolla wagon with the rear seats down. Fits in the rear area with the seats up when the front wheel is off (barely). Will fit in the back of my wife's PT Cruiser with both wheels off.

·
Custom User Title
151 Posts
My 29er fits in my cobalt with the front tire taken off. Backseat or trunk with some fine maneuvering. Then I got a rack and took all the fun out of the loading procedure...

·
It's all about the FSR!
445 Posts
I could fit a 29er in the trunk of my 05 Audi A4 with the front wheel off and rear seats down. A guy I know could fit 2 29ers in the trunk of his Acura RSX with the front wheels off and rear seats down. I don't see this being a problem in a Mustang.

·
Registered
40 Posts
29 er in a mustang

yes it will but have to take off both wheels and lower or remove seat .i just brought mine home in 2005 stang .you mite beable to do it with just front wheel off.i didnt try as the car is not mine
my bike is a 19.5 frame size

·
Mountain Man Dan
2,181 Posts
A friends 2011 Hardrock Sport disc 29 fits inside my 2010 mustang gt trunk, with back seats folded down, only front wheel and seat comes off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.