Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't think so. The Sram cassette is dished, that is, the big cog is further inboard than the cassette body, and I think Shimano just uses narrower spacing with the big cog directly perpendicular to the innermost part of the cassette body.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I am hoping the new 11 spd chain will work with 10 spd chainrings, much like 10 spd chains usually worked with 9 spd chainrings even though they said they wouldn't. If you are locked into Shimano's new chainrings then the whole gruppo will be a non-starter for me.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Lennard Zinn of velonews.com writes the XX1 cassette should work with the di2 XTR with a few extra turns of the b tension screw: Technical FAQ: Di2 XTR opens up gear options for road bikes - VeloNews.com

"This XTR/road Di2 combination can offer gear options like a 34-50T crankset with an 11-40T cassette, which is a 120-inch top gear with a 22-inch low gear. And if that’s not low enough, I’ll bet with perhaps only some extra turns of the rear derailleur b-screw, you can use that system on a SRAM XD freehub driver body with an XX or XX1 10-42T cogset. Then you could use the XTR 28-38T crankset and still have a 100-inch high gear (the equivalent of a 46 X 12) along with an 18-inch low gear (equivalent to a 24 X 34). This is an amazing range for tandem riders."
― Lennard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts