Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Rookie questio here, but will a 2.5 IRC trailbear front and 2.25 IRC trailbear rear fit a stock 05 CinderCone frame and fork? Marzocchi MZ Race 100mm fork. If I need to measure are there any special tips?
Thanks,
Chan

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know the answer to this question - Although, 'zocchi heartily suggests 60mm as the max tire size (that'd be 2.3622047"). You're on your own for the rear.

I don't know if IRC's T.B.'s are big or if other mfg's are small, but my 2.5 TB's make other 2.5's look puny in comparision. (& they make the WTB 2.4's on my other bike like they're 2.1's) So I'd say you're really going to need ...2.4" (?) to have 2.2's fit, but I don't know that for a fact - I've only seen/got/have 2.5's... & they're big.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
I have a set of 2.5 K Trailbears that fit on my Coiler, not sure about a Cinder cone.

The knobs on the TB's are not as aggressive as most other 2.5's....for example, I have a set of 2.3 Gazza Cores that BARELY fit in the Coiler where the 2.5 TB's fit with clearance (not great clearance, but clearance all the same).

hope this helps...

terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.