Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont waste your gas...

With christmas break quickly slipping away and several people on this forum talking about driving up to ride, i decided to ride up to the lake and check out the conditions.

I think this pic pretty much sums it up...

Here are a few more pics from along the trail but i didnt go far. It wasnt even sloppy and messy and hard to ride...there is up to 6 inches of snow on the trail with no tracks through it and its impossible to ride.

Dark Mountain is also a no go. The road is closed off at both the spillway and up top through the main entrance. From what i saw though the trails looked the same as OVT.

Warrior creek of course is closed during the week right now..but i have no doubt it looks the same...

Moral of the story is that rideing is impossible right now in wilkes so dont bother driving up there.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mike Brown said:
I'm going to SC this weekend to ride.
David, you and Maida should talk about Isaqueena.
We should. It's close to a 4 hour drive for us so it would be best for an overnighter. That way we could get our drive worth and hit all the trails...Paris, Isaqueena and Croft. Thx for the suggestion.

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update:

i went out there today and OVT is in good shape..most of it is even dry...there are still a few snowy spots in the shade but 95% of it is in great condition...

as far as dark mtn...i didnt ride it personally but i talked to a few guys that had just rode it and they said it was in fine shape..

so id say the wilkes trails are ready to ride once again...

·
Registered
262 Posts
What do you think about the trail conditions now? Did you get rain or a mix last night? We could bump up the time to ride by 9am and hit ovt and wc while the trails are frozen and then dark mtn. at the end?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did a 10 mile run on the OVT today... Pretty ugly, we got some snow last night and the predominant condition is that frozen on top, slime just below thing - pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. There were a couple (2) tire tracks, but it didn't look like the trails had been ridden much. The frosty 50 in tsali should be interesting saturday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.