Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pablo Escobar
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received these in an email recently with the following message.

"Recently there was a notice at White Tanks Park to watch for mountain lions, a friend in the game and fish dept provided the following photos, they set up a watering area with cameras to monitor the activity of the lions. Enjoy the photos! White Tanks Park is a county park about 50 miles west of Phoenix."

Attachments

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
oh boy, them are some pretty big kitty cats!!! i hope i never encounter one out there!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think it is great that we have these awesome creatures in our backyard! :D

I wonder if that deer got away or became dinner?

·
Registered
174 Posts
mountainflow said:
I think it is great that we have these awesome creatures in our backyard! :D

I wonder if that deer got away or became dinner?

I am with you. I think it is so cool that they are in Phoenix. I would love to see one (from a distance) out on a ride. I get giddy when I see coyotes on the trail, so seeing a mountain lion would be amazing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
fiveo said:
Anyone remember Orange County, CA a few years ago?
Yeah, that was bad news....

Typically you'll only see cats like that if they want you to see them. ...and that might not be a good thing. Beautiful animals though, and amazing action shot!

·
SamuraiBunnyGuy
2,587 Posts
as long as there's only one of them, and provided they don't sneak attack you. I think picking up your bike and swinging it around in front of you in big figure 8's while yelling would scare it off...
...my condolences to the families of those of you with 50lb downhill rigs :D

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
On 4 occasions my Pointer has found a deer leg on Reddington Pass while running the AZT/ATV trail with me. I've yet to ever see a mountain lion but rarely does anything else kill a deer in AZ, that isn't carrying a weapon.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,542 Posts
longhairmike said:
...my condolences to the families of those of you with 50lb downhill rigs :D
A Highline can take a Mountain Lion.

·
SamuraiBunnyGuy
2,587 Posts
i was bummed to find out that its illegal to own a serval in AZ unless you have a fish and game license and a USDA license (and are downbreeding them with domestic cats)

how could you say no to that face :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
That action shot is awesome! There's still a ripple in the water from the deer drinking.
Riding up Reddington road last weekend for SSUSA there was a fresh deer leg just before the shooting ranges, looked fresh too.
I had the pleasure of seeing a lion in Brown Canyon (Sierra Vista) earlier this past fall. 25 minutes prior to that I had spooked a black bear off the same trail. That was a good (and fast) ride.
Cheers,
M

1 - 20 of 24 Posts