Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slummin'
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this gets asked every year but I’ve already done some searching through old MTBR threads and around google and I can’t find anything but dead links to course maps. Does anyone have a working course map of the Wilderness 101? A GPS map would be awesome but any accurate map will work.

Thanks
Metro

·
Prez NMBA
719 Posts
go to www.nittanymba.org and click on the maps tab, then on races.
its a large .pdf but its a nice map. there are also elevation profiles there
from what I understand the route may take a bit of a different course in the area of Thickhead mtn road and detwiler as there is active work on putting in a new natural gas line in that area.
sorry, no gps for it

·
Registered
744 Posts
The course is currently not set for the 2008 event. Road work, tree harvesting and gas pipe line expansions all have possibly impacted the route. Once it is figured out I will produce the 08 maps I put them up on the web and pass them to NMBA to post.

I can remake the 07 maps if anyone wnats them, but they are up on NMBA's website.

I cannot find a good and low priced converter to make a GPS track of the course. The product I use to make the maps, ESRI's ArcMAp, to output a GPX file to be used in most consumer GPS units and things like Google Maps. If anyone can find me one, I would be so happy and get the files out there for people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.