Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I rode at Wilder Ranch nearly three years ago, we met a local who told us to take a new legal trail his club had built. It was a fantastic downhill singletrack of probably two miles off upper LM I believe. However, after posting a video of it some people said it was not a legal trail.

I have never knowingly ridden an illegal trail and I never would. I'm going back to Wilder soon and I'd like to confirm the legal status of that trail. If it is not appropriate to discuss it here please PM me. Thanks!

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

29erchico said:
I talked to a ranger around three months ago about that very trail that we rode back then. Sorry, but it really is illegal.
I knew it had to be too good to be true. Hard to believe that guy "out of the blue" told us to try his new legal trail. I'm debating if I want to go down that north side of Wilder Ridge that we flew down. The climb back up was tough.

Tahoe soon? I've been overdoing it lately so I've had to take some time off. If the Wilder ride works I'm off to Tahoe starting next week. I got a new GPS to play with too. I'm also up for Mammoth again this summer.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Wherewolf said:
I knew it had to be too good to be true. Hard to believe that guy "out of the blue" told us to try his new legal trail. I'm debating if I want to go down that north side of Wilder Ridge that we flew down. The climb back up was tough.

Tahoe soon? I've been overdoing it lately so I've had to take some time off. If the Wilder ride works I'm off to Tahoe starting next week. I got a new GPS to play with too. I'm also up for Mammoth again this summer.
Yes, Tahoe is in my plans for the somewhat near future. Hope to catch the Saddle Tramps play in D'ville on Saturday the 12th and then spend at least a couple of days in Tahoe before heading over to Colorado for a few weeks of riding & camping. Would any of this work for you?

Mammoth would be on the return trip in mid August. When do you start teaching?

BTW: have you seen this for the Element?

http://www.campist.com/archives/ursa-minor-vehicles-ecamper-rooftop-tent.html

Spendy but nice...

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tahoe the 12th

Knees willing I plan on doing Tahoe: Mt. Rose - Red House Flume - TRT - Flume to Spooner on the 12th. If that is OK then a Spooner - Kingsbury round-trip shortly thereafter. Then Mt. Rose to Burger Kingsbury. I've been overdoing it on the knees lately so I have to space the rides out a bit more, at least for a while. I hope to get in one mid-week Tahoe ride most of the summer. Based on my (still) knee problems from three consecutive days of riding in AZ/UT, Colorado is probably out for a while. Mammoth in August would be fine. I'm off until after labor day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.