Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No e-drama please!!
142 Posts
My riding friend has has one since 1999. It's holding up ok. It creaks alot & the swingarm flexes bad !
Most core freeriders have broken the older frames..
It should be fine. I believe they put on a through axle to help the flex somewhat..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had an 03. It was different from the earlier years. They beefed up the gussets and gave it a 17mm thru-axle rear end. Did you get the thru-axle with the Hadley hub? I've seen them with QR swingarms before. What parts are on it?

I loved mine.

FYI: The 10" travel setting only works properly with a 24" rear wheel.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have one, 2003, with qr dropout, its awesome, it doesnt flexes to much, just the rigt amoount. the suspension its amazing it doesnt bobs yet its is super sensitive. the only inconvinient i ve found is that the tire hits the frame when suspension is fully compressed.
get one you wont regret it.
also it isnt as heavy as other 10 inch travel frames.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had one since 2001 and haven't had any problems. I have the QR drop outs on it, and yeah, it does flex a lot. If I hit it just right coming off a log or north shore stuff I'll drop the wheel. All in all it's been great, I regularly huck it off 20 footers and race it. It's also a fairly light bike, mine weighs in at 40 lbs built all the way up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.