Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the wiggle site i have a choice of a few rigid forks which i am going to buy this week. I have a dmr swithback 71 degree head tube designed for a 120mm fork. I want a rigid on it. The DMR trailblade 2 seems the biggest of them all. Could i put a 29'r fork on my frame or will it look pants and perform like a soggy fish in a slimy fish market :eekster:

·
- factotum -
821 Posts
Dunno about fish. But if you start smelling like fish you'd better wash yourselves.

29er forks may have a shorter rake than long 26ers.
Beware of them Kona forks. They are quite short. The one suitable for 80mm substitutes is only about 405mm long.

·
Registered
172 Posts
$ammo, after asking advice on rigids some time back on STW, Pipedream Sirius forks came highly recommended. Bought a pair and they are truly superb - clean lines, disc only, good weight but best of all a giveaway at £45 delivered from Pipedream. White, black, red available. Axle to crown is 448 IIRC spot on for any 100 - 130mm designed frame. On my Chameleon the give a head angle of 70 deg. Pics of mine here:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list&function=myphotos&photouserid=140847

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.