Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am building a Surly 1x1 for my wife to surprise her when she comes back from out of town... so far I think it has turned out awesome! All I have left is the bottom bracket and crankset before throwing on the chain.

The day I picked her up

Almost finished (I love how all the components except the head set are black. Looks sweet with the orange frame and black lettering.

Will post pics tomorrow when she's finished, and from her first ride on it (which won't be for another month :madman: )

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Love the colors! Looks like the front wheel/tire is on there backwards and no rear brake connection yet. I hope she enjoys it. I finished my wifes bike 2 weeks ago and she has ridden it a solid 5 times since. Can't complain though. She seems to be enjoying it.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front tire's reversed. I just threw it on there so I could adjust the brakes.

Back brakes not hooked up yet either as the cab;e I was going to use is frayed. Good eyes! HAHA

·
Registered
906 Posts
Cool :D

I wanted the Orange, but they were unfortunately sold out by the time I was ordering my 2nd 1x1 frame...

·
Got a suspension fork
2,458 Posts
Hey I have the exact same crappy black desk chair, and the exact same craftsman screw driver. haha, too bad I don't have that exact bike too.

·
VENI VEDI BIKI
839 Posts
randyharris said:
Hey I have the exact same crappy black desk chair, and the exact same craftsman screw driver. haha, too bad I don't have that exact bike too.
Funny....I have the same crappy chair and same crappy desk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts