Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share a couple pics of the wife's new Comp. The blue is MUCH better in person vs. the web/catalog pics. It's much richer and more a true sky blue, and not 'baby' blue at all.

As usual Jamis nailed this bike on the value front. The only spec that's not ideal is the cranks, but it will take my wife several seasons to wear them out. The Maxxis Cross Mark tires are nice, but not the most aggressive tread. I/she may opt to swap out the rear.

Also, I weighed the bike at the shop and it was/is exactly 29.5lbs as stated on the web site. So they must weight the 15" bikes.

Bike is stock except I swapped the flat EA30 bars for high risers, and added some Shimano and WTB stickers to the frame.

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if you can swing the Pro obviously it's spec'd out way better. However, the Comp is very nice for the money. My wife is a beginner and works normal hrs so she has only been out a few times on the bike. She definitely likes the hydraulic discs, but it's the only set she has owned. Same with the fork...she doesn't has a lot of experience to judge it. However, I have a XCR Expert with the Fox 100RL on the Pro and that fork rocks! The Relic does seem nice thought.

Also you're comparing Jamis hard tails to a Giant full susp. IMO the XCR Expert and Comp both smoke Giant in the same price range! Compare the $2300 Expert and the Anthem 1.0...Jamis wins, no doubt with a FULL XT spec compared to the partial XT/LX Giant build and no XT cranks. Plus Giant gives you the crappy Hutchinson tires while Jamis gives you the Maxxis Ignitors!

Anyway, I hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.