Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
hilarious
210 Posts
Nice, but....

I can't think of any trail advocacy done by the Norcal HS MTB League. I don't consider using the trails for training and racing to be advocacy. Regardless of the light they'd like to cast themselves in, the Norcal League teaches kids to RACE. Not conservation or preservation.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well, it sounds like Norcal is doing something positive with this event.

It seems sort of like Levi's Gran Fondo on dirt. I'd like to see the route...is it just Tamarancho? I don't know if I'd enjoy all those switchbacks with 100 people on my wheel (and then they all have to stop when I don't make the switchback :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Nice but...

Klarity said:
I can't think of any trail advocacy done by the Norcal HS MTB League. I don't consider using the trails for training and racing to be advocacy. Regardless of the light they'd like to cast themselves in, the Norcal League teaches kids to RACE. Not conservation or preservation.
you must have misread the articticle, or at least selectively cut sentences in half...

"The Dirt Bowl is produced by Marin County Bicycle Coalition in partnership with the The NorCal High School Mountain Bike League. "

Which means the league is helping MCBC put it on. That by itself is a form of advocacy in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.