Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
nightriding is fun !
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With some of the more exotic chainrings (ao Goldtec and Boone) , the width of the ring differs from those used by Shimano/Race Face 9-speed sometimes by as much as 1mm.
How do you guys solve this to make the indexing on Shimano front shifters work ??
I filled up the gap with a few tiny metal o-rings to make sure the middle ring is exactly in the middle between inner and outer.

in the picture you see a Boone and a Race Face 46t ring, the Boone is 3mm wide, the Race Face nearly 4.

Attachments

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
Big Bad Wolf said:
With some of the more exotic chainrings (ao Goldtec and Boone) , the width of the ring differs from those used by Shimano/Race Face 9-speed sometimes by as much as 1mm.
How do you guys solve this to make the indexing on Shimano front shifters work ??
I filled up the gap with a few tiny metal o-rings to make sure the middle ring is exactly in the middle between inner and outer.

in the picture you see a Boone and a Race Face 46t ring, the Boone is 3mm wide, the Race Face nearly 4.
Yep, when I was using Boone Ti rings with my Morati Ti cranks, I used thin metal shims to offset the Boone rings to their proper position. Worked fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.