Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a Marin Quad XC, and I love it... But I've owned it for 4+ years, and I have always had trouble with the front derailleur. I saw an ad (on this side) for Widgit sprockets which are single sprockets for the front of a bike.

The idea of getting rid of my front derailleur and shifter sounds so appealing. But I don't want to buy a ~120 sprocket and regret it a few months later.

I am considering getting the 28 or 30 tooth version... what do you think?

Here's a link to the product I'm considering: Widgit for 3 ring crankset | Widgit

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Awfully expensive for a wearing part. NW chain ring makes it pointless plus you can do the same thing with the BBG bashwich if you have the room.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, I always looked at them, but so ridiculously over priced $50-$60 bucks i could see, well over $100 is just too much
I know what you mean. I'm just so fed up with my front derailleur not working properly, and my chain slipping down gears.

I would love to just have all my rear gears work perfectly, and then have one gear in the front.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just go get raceface narrow wide ring. Looks cleaner than widgit. The widgit is harder to clean.
I have rf nw 32t and clutch xt Rd, no drop chain....yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts