Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have 29x2.25 tires on my 2018 Scalpel SI with the carbon CZERO wheels. The wheels are 622x23c. For my next set of tires, I want something wider. Anyone tried going with 2.3 or 2.4 width tires (tubeless)?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Currently, I have 29x2.25 tires on my 2018 Scalpel SI with the carbon CZERO wheels. The wheels are 622x23c. For my next set of tires, I want something wider. Anyone tried going with 2.3 or 2.4 width tires (tubeless)?
I ride 2.35 Ikons and Ardent Race.

·
Registered
387 Posts
are these decent wheels? Might pickup a pair
Mine have been good so far and I have owned my '18 Scapel Carbon 2 since new. I did have to replace a couple of spokes on the rear wheel, but that can happen with any wheels really.

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
Thanks Flash... I am a 220lb midwest trail guy..
The ones I am looking at are plug n play for my bad habit. I think it might be fun to alternate between 27.5+ and 29 this summer as I try to get back into the swing of things

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very happy with mine. Had them since I bought the bike new back in 2018. Never broke any spokes. I'm 165 lbs, so your mileage may differ!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My 2018 came with Hollowgram si wheels that uses the same rim as the czero wheels but the DTSwiss 350 and lefty hubs. I can fit 2.4 tyres easily but there isn't much clearance between the 2.4 tyre and seat stays so I stick to 2.2 tyres as the rear triangle does flex a bit meaning that under hard cornering the tyre will rub the stays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts