Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slow
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Towers Road has been graded and all of the water bars have been replaced with culverts. No more ruts, either! After a couple of months away from Horsetooth Mountain Park, I got up there today (Christmas Eve Eve) and was surprised to find the Towers road smooth and fast. The grading has left the road a bit soft if you get out of the truck tracks. That is a pain while climbing, but made for great grip on the fast corners while descending. The road is mostly dry, with a few tacky spots. Grading was done all the way from the gate to the top of the steep pitch above the north end of Westridge. Do yourself a favor and ride it before it gets snowed in.

Attachments

·
Open the canned peaches!
177 Posts
Thinking about heading up there tomorrow (mon) for an after lunch post gluttonous holiday weekend ride. How did the trails look? Mill creek or Loggers? I'll probably just ride up and down Towers since I would guess the trails are wet but after all this warm weather maybe not.

·
Open the canned peaches!
177 Posts
Perfect conditions. We rode Towers to Mill Creek and Mill Creek and the lower valley trail were great. A few short patches of snow but 90+% dry and fun. We rode down with someone who rode Stout and I think Herrington and he said it was the same. Hope to get up again sometime before the week is out. Possibly Wed. afternoon if it stays nice.

·
Open the canned peaches!
177 Posts
Probably early afternoon, say Noon to 1ish, but I've got the whole day off so am fairly flexible. If you want to meet up let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.