Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured someone would enjoy seeing what happened this morning at Lair O the Bear...

Dumb mistake at some corner = some pretty wicked burning from a 1" inch diameter scrape on my knee!! See attached picture of PAIN!

:)

Anyhoo, the wife and I played hooky today. Perfect days = no work and hot dates and bikes.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
edemtbs said:
Nah, it'll be deleted cause you look and ride like Jesus in those pictures. Did you heal yourself?
no...but I'm definitely thinking my small-block-eights will not allow me to ride on water...or even sand. They are not godly tires despite my faith in them.

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
OUCH!!
R U OK?
That's nothing compared to my wicked crash there though.
Sept '06.
On a Sat. morning, after a rainy Fri evening.
Perfect conditions, except the rocky stuff was still wet. Riding up, the 2nd semi-difficult left turn (the one after the "rock wall" you are coming down in the picture).
I usually have no problem riding it dry, but with the wet rocks I decided to unclip one foot and "hop push" around the corner. Well, I somehow lost my balance to the right (the foot still clipped in), failed to catch myself with my right hand, and cartwheeled down, landing straight on my helmet on a rock 4 feet below. Broke my helmet, thought I broke my elbow, and did crack a vertebrae (sp?).
OUCH!!
I was kinda OK - enough to gingerly ride out, but not good for next 2 days.
Sorry once again - no shirtless pix. Was in no mood for that.
Take a look next time you're up there (if you can figure out where I mean).

·
tiny rider
623 Posts
disappointed

I attempted to survey the crash scene this morning, but it looks like the cleanup crew had already been through. And there were no areas taped off, so the accident investigation team must have already wrapped up. The search was certainly fun, though.

I hope someone took some pictures of the beautiful columbines near the top of the trail past the doubletrack meadow u-turn. I unfortunately left my camera behind.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cartographer said:
I hope someone took some pictures of the beautiful columbines near the top of the trail past the doubletrack meadow u-turn. I unfortunately left my camera behind.
Crappo. I didn't see them. I was even looking out for some flower photo ops.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.