Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new bike to replace my Kona Satori.

Satori is a great bike but with these big travel 29ers coming up i'm looking for something new. Should be a capable "do-it all" bike to do some tours and some bikepark/Enduro stuff on my holidays.

Canidate's are:

Niner WFO9
BMC Trailfox 29
??
Intense Carbine is nice but way too expensive....

At this moment i prefer the Niner.....

Other suggestions are welcome...absolutely no Lenz...

I live in Europe....so

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
what didn't you like about the satori specifically? i ride a thumper which is a satori with an FSR rear triangle. wondering where i might feel any want in the future. i feel lik emy thumper is a do-it-all, so just wondering.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
what didn't you like about the satori specifically? i ride a thumper which is a satori with an FSR rear triangle. wondering where i might feel any want in the future. i feel lik emy thumper is a do-it-all, so just wondering.
If you are looking for something with the same travel then the HH Thumper (now Switchback bikes) may be the way to go. I loved my Satori as it was an excellent do-it-all trail bike and the Thumper does everything the Satori does and it does an even better job of keeping the rear tire planted especially when braking hard over the rough stuff.

Here is a link to the Thumper - Hammerhead Thumper ? 27.5 | 29er | Switchback Bikes

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had several Kona's and they're great bikes. Never was a fan of spec either… then I rode the endure 29. It is in a class all its own.

The only other bike that felt anywhere near as good was the new process, phenomenal bike if you're willing to go 27.5. It feels so agile and low compared to the satori.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I had several Kona's and they're great bikes. Never was a fan of spec either… then I rode the endure 29. It is in a class all its own.

The only other bike that felt anywhere near as good was the new process, phenomenal bike if you're willing to go 27.5. It feels so agile and low compared to the satori.
There's also the Process 111 with 29er wheels.

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
2,894 Posts
BMC is lighter and more expensive, but if you've got money to burn, that would be a good choice at 150mm. It'll be harder to find as BMC isn't very big in the states yet. Intense Carbine 29 would probably pedal pretty good as well. The Enduro 29 is a great bike but I've heard lots of complaints about its pedalling efficiency. It really needs a great shock like the CCDBACS to counteract those inefficiencies.

·
oh crap...
551 Posts
I wouldn't mind hearing what you think about the BMC :) I like more boutique bikes and would probably choose the BMC over the Niner just to find out more about it - I can always ride someone else's Niner but it would be hard to run across a BMC if it wasn't your own.

You'd have a great time on either bike. Maybe you could use the saved coin on the Niner for something else?

·
@2whlfun
542 Posts
The new WFO looks killer and seems to be one of the best values around

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn!!.....BMC sold out for now....

Still waiting on pricing regarding Niner in Europe...

BMC has better geometry dates i think....(more playfull)

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,425 Posts
Niner WFO looks sick!
I would recommend that one. 160mm pike 150mm rear, and that beefy frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts