Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2005 Marzocchi Dirtjumper III ( 100 )

Votes: 8 100.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my friend really needs money and he is willing to sell me either a 2004 drop off comp with 110 travel or a 2005 DJ III for the same price, wich one should I go with ? it would be replacing a dieing manitou stance, I would be useing this fork for dirtjumps, urban and trail.
thanks

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
todd_freeride said:
Hi all, my friend really needs money and he is willing to sell me either a 2004 drop off comp with 110 travel or a 2005 DJ III for the same price, wich one should I go with ? it would be replacing a dieing manitou stance, I would be useing this fork for dirtjumps, urban and trail.
thanks
save yer loot brutha. go to tool and die dot com and get a firm die spring for about $15. open that stance up and swap springs. that way you take out the air assist and get nice firm linear travel. sure it might leak some oil but its no biggie for that type of riding. the lowers on the stance are the same as on the higher end manitous so Id try this before bucking up for a new fork.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have an 03 DJ 2 that I love. I have beat the CRAP out of the thing and it still works great. For the last year I have ran it without oil (not recomended) and have just pumped the air up and the thing still works great. I love that fork. Oh-yeah I cut the travel down to about three and a half inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.