Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New to the forum, been lurking a short while.
Thought I'd ask this as my intro!

I'm upgrading from my entry level Calibre Bossnut, which has been a great start into the FS world for me but I now feel it's holding me back a little.
I ride 2-3 times a week at a local trail centre, off-piste runs in the local woods and shortly off to the likes of Bike Park Wales which will certainly be s step up.
Generally terrain is steep and a mix of wet mud (UK) and loose rock. Lots of climbing!

I was dead set on the T130S and then went to a lbs and saw a Genius 930 with £1k off the label bringing it right on par with the 130...

There's not a great deal I've found online in real world owner reviews of the 930 so hoping asking directly here may unearth some opinion?

What would you guys do as I can't take the 930 for a trial run, it's not an option there so might need to find another shop with it for a sneaky trial!

Many thanks in advance, hope you can help me out

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I can't speak to the 930, but I have a T-130 (2018). If you've already ridden one, then no need to go deep into how it rides. Of all the bikes I've owned (been riding since the 70's), tested, rented, etc., the T-130 has been the most capable, fun, playful, jack of all trades, bike I've been on.

If it were me, and I were ridding in the (wet) UK, I'd look into what the Scott does to keep things dry. As you may already know, Whyte goes out of their way to make sure bearings and pivots are sealed and stay dry. Not to mention, their pivot bearings have a lifetime warranty. It may be Scott offers the same, but I'd certainly put it on the list of considerations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.