Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was never a great fan of suntour suspension but we met a kid on a brand new (that day) bike (not whyte) with a suntour shock... dropped off a tiny 2’ drop and blew the seals ... met him and his dad a month or so later and they were on the 3rd shock !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geez... I didn't know it was that bad. Regardless, any new FS bike needs to have the Junit stuff and McCloud shock. Kids design and tune out of the box is too good to pass up unless you are going for a step cast with a custom tune from Fox.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Geez... I didn't know it was that bad. Regardless, any new FS bike needs to have the Junit stuff and McCloud shock. Kids design and tune out of the box is too good to pass up unless you are going for a step cast with a custom tune from Fox.
The ML3 tune on the Norco actually works really well the way they built the linkages.

His bigger bike has a CC DB air and that worked fine within user tunable ... but as it was in for a full service I had the Rebound tuned though not actually tried it yet... but it was already working well, just near the end of the rebound settings on both HSR and LSR

The people we met got told it was a bad batch ??? Who knows really but suntour wasn't starting off so high for me to start off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.