Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My float triad reducers are shot - seems like a crappy thing to drop 40 bux on for the rebuild every year.Anyone know if the Whyte upgrade kits are still avail - or if there is a newer/better solution?
I'm trying to make this fit my 04 Anniversary FSR
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks though...

mattsavage said:
www.pushindustries.com

The only way to go when upgrading/rebuilding Fox products.
I plan on doing an internal rebuild with Push eventually, but didn't think they had a solution to the bushing issue (this is an external mounting point). The float triad seems to be plagued with these issues (as do older fox shox) Just trying to figure out a better solution to constantly replacing the bushings...

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
ajp said:
My float triad reducers are shot - seems like a crappy thing to drop 40 bux on for the rebuild every year.Anyone know if the Whyte upgrade kits are still avail - or if there is a newer/better solution?
I'm trying to make this fit my 04 Anniversary FSR
Thanks
Alex
$40 for bushings? They are more like $15-$20 for two pair of reducers and two bushings (e.g. $17 at PUSH). If you're including labor, you can buy the CTS bushing tool for $33 and be all set. Looks like a great stocking stuffer to me. :D

https://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bi...sults_format=long&db_id=95916&query=retrieval

·
Registered
380 Posts
ajp said:
I plan on doing an internal rebuild with Push eventually, but didn't think they had a solution to the bushing issue (this is an external mounting point). The float triad seems to be plagued with these issues (as do older fox shox) Just trying to figure out a better solution to constantly replacing the bushings...
Go for the Whyte conversion,bearings guaranteed for life,you can't go wrong.
provided you can get the correct sizing,
picture borrowed from another thread.
Alternativly look at this
https://www.betd.co.uk/product_list.asp?CategoryID=92

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where to buy?

856er said:
Go for the Whyte conversion,bearings guaranteed for life,you can't go wrong.
picture borrowed from another thread.
I agree, though any idea where to buy? All the old threads are from '03 and I can't find any online stores that sell it...

a

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm running this kit shown above. As far as I know Whyte only sells the bushings in 35.5mm width which fits Marin and Whyte bikes. You'll have to measure the width of your reducers and see if its close.

I went on the Whyte UK site and looked through the dealer list until I found one willing to ship to the US. Wasn't a big deal either. It ended up being something like $45 shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.