Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
i have never bought from icycles but now i never will. i am a huge advocate of customer service. if i feel im being treated poorly i wont patron the business. my girlfriend hates it because it has casued me to walk out of a few restraurants. Thats just my dig.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
wow smt, thanks for posting that. would have blindly bought from them (if I had ever heard of their site)

but I'm good with jenson. they usually have what I need, and they've been good to me. not only that, but they support mtbr.

now, I'll say this before something might happen. the previous thread about it was closed. lets not let this become a flame fest as well. not saying it will. but if anything starts happening.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

Again thanks SMT for the heads up on that post. Honestly I just had Bikeparts.com, Jenson, and ICYCLES up on the computer with a full shopping cart of each. All the same items, essentailly. I decided to go to MTBR to do a little research on the DMR jump saddle, and found your post. Definately made my descision easier.

As for that thread, ICYCLES was completely in the wrong, who expects to run a sucessfull business like that? A customer is a customer, you tell me you are going to do something and I pay you for what we agreed apon, you do it......... PERIOD!. Even if it is as simple as providing a tracking number, you agreed to it. I can't get away with doing my job half-assed, I'd get fired. No customer deserves an attitude like, especially not personal insults from the company. Again, I'd be fired.

I do believe he (ICYCLES) is suffering from the classic "foot in mouth" syndrome right about now. Definately lost $600 from me today. Their loss from me was small, but I hope they feel it from a lot more people too. :eek:

·
Administrator
11,881 Posts
A really good deal requires a compromise somewhere. The better the deal the better the compromise. You want it cheap, real cheap, don't complain when it is cheap.
Tommy boy said:
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.
Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you
caveat emptor

·
Friendly Neighborhood MTBer
291 Posts
From most customers' point of view, every customer should be treated equally.
From most business owners' point of view, their best customers should be treated more equally.
Businesses spend money on technology to find out who their best customers are. Vegas, airlines, auto dealerships, etc etc reward their best customers.
And it's not unreasonable for a customer who pays retail or a premium to expect a similar level of treatment.
I think the issue here is the level of customer service that is afforded to the lowest level of customer. Some people think a line was crossed while others didn't; and they all wanna put their 2c in.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kabayan said:
From most customers' point of view, every customer should be treated equally.
From most business owners' point of view, their best customers should be treated more equally.
Businesses spend money on technology to find out who their best customers are. Vegas, airlines, auto dealerships, etc etc reward their best customers.
And it's not unreasonable for a customer who pays retail or a premium to expect a similar level of treatment.
I think the issue here is the level of customer service that is afforded to the lowest level of customer. Some people think a line was crossed while others didn't; and they all wanna put their 2c in.
granted he was stupid and a 4 dollar customer too.....but the other customers...state the facts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.