Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Disgruntled Peccary
6,583 Posts
This, I wonder how necessary they are though.
On the other hand not really an area to take chances.
Don't know, I've never had any rotors that ran them. Never really had a problem with the rotor bolts backing out either. Locktite and proper torque seems to work.

·
Cycologist
16,884 Posts
I mangled one of these last week and was trying to decide if it was worth $5 to buy a new one ($2 for the part, $3 for shipping; "hey, can you just stick it in an envelope and mail it to me?"). If I do buy it, it would likely just lay around my workshop as the crank is already back on and I've ridden the bike.

Automotive exterior Bicycle part Auto part Circle Composite material

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,330 Posts
these lawyer tabs and such are great...
so many people ride bikes but have zero clue how to maintain or check things....or just don't bother.

I do take them off the first time I need to access a bolt and it's in the way. but it must be saving someone from injury

first experience with them were these horror shows BITD
Wood Font Circle Flooring Hardwood

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok, what's $5 and a few minutes of my time!

It is for the Ultegra crank I just put on my CX. I'd hate to be doing that ^ out on some dirt road miles from any civilization. Or anywhere for that matter.
Wouldn't matter, in my experience the doohickey referenced isn't all that effective at keeping the arm from falling off. And once the spline is buggered, it's game over. ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.