Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Mojo and Mojo SL are made from such an amazing, beautiful, sexy, strong material.....carbon fiber, I don't get why anyone would want to buy a painted Mojo frame, covering up the carbon work of art.
Plus, painting the frame adds more weight to it.
It would be like adding a coat of paint to the priceless Mona Lisa. Blasphemous...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ineedmorecowbell said:
HD's look awesome in raw. You wanna see something ugly? Just take a look at a raw Nomad C. Or as they call it Black.
yeah, that's because Ibis adds this top layer of crossed fiber that looks super nice (must be a lot of work), but isn't as strong as directional fiber (although maybe more impact resistant) while the majority underneath is directional fiber, and SC doesn't bother making it a pretty layer....

I too love the Ibis carbon look... while paint it ? HD mixed look is nice too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Couldn't agree more.
Carbon fiber is sexy....
Dan, your the only person I've ever heard doesn't like the look of raw Carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That Pagani is awesome. Almost as nice as the raw Bugati that clique posted a while back.
I agree raw cf is lovely. I compare it to a really nice grain on a great piece of timber. Why would you cover it up?

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
Maverick1 said:
It's a full, raw carbon fiber Pagani Zonda R.
Almost as fast as my Ariel Atom...:thumbsup:
fast is a measure of speed. quick is a measure of acceleration. your ariel atom is not nearly as fast as a Zonda R. it's probably not as quick either.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
alexrex20 said:
fast is a measure of speed. quick is a measure of acceleration. your ariel atom is not nearly as fast as a Zonda R. it's probably not as quick either.
I recon the Ariel would have the zonda to 60mph.
They had one on Top Gear in the uk and it whipped some serious butt

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie!
325 Posts
Ibis carbon aint that pretty..

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie!
325 Posts
None taken, each to their own.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I think the carbon weave attracts too much attention, the painted bikes are more classy and still show off the nice lines. Altho I do like the matte black.

·
Happy when not-last.
221 Posts
I love the look of the carbon, but found it a bit ... gawdy. Naturally I went straight to neon-orange for the subtle look.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts